Pages

Tuesday 14 May 2013

verb actvity


past tense
  • painted
  • danced
  • laughed
  • rained
  • visited
  • clean

Present tense

  • ask
  • learn
  • need
  • stamp
  • stay
  • wash



Task One
Copy these sentences. Underline the verbs and write down whether the sentence is in the present tense or past tense.
E.g. Mark is finishing his dinner. (Present)
  1. Duane is helping his friend make a plane.(present)
  2. Kirsty read a really good comic yesterday.(present)
  3. Adam is sitting outside in the garden.(present)
  4. Whilst on holiday, I visited London.(past)
  5. The lion roared loudly.(past)
  6. Debbie smiled at Craig in the playground.(past)
  7. Yesterday, Sam jumped over his Dad's fence.(past)
  8. Sue is cooking an apple crumble.(present)
Task Two

These sentences are all in the present tense. Rewrite each sentence in your books, changing the verb into the past tense.
  1. The children (climbed) the big, oak tree.
  2. Conor (sucked) on his dummy.
  3. Shane and Kim (played) in the street.
  4. I (wrote) a story about a yellow dragon.
  5. The dog (chased) Alex down the path.
Task Three
The word 'will' often shows that the sentence is written in the future tense. Copy each sentence and write another sentence in the future tense.
E.g. Today I am playing cricket. (Present)
Tomorrow I will play cricket. (Future)
  1. Today I will planting flowers in the garden.
  2. Today Gary will do a maths test in class.
  3. I will go to school today.
  4. He will wash his hands in the sink.
Task Four
Copy each sentence and write another in the past tense.
E.g. Tomorrow I will sing a solo. (Future)
Yesterday I sang a solo. (Past)



The children climbed the big, oak tree.
the were climbing the oak tree.
Conor sucked on his dummy.
Conor is sucking his thumb.
Shane and Kim played in the street.
shane and kim were playing in the street.
I wrote a story about a yellow dragon.
I am writing a story about a yellow dragon

No comments:

Post a Comment